Luftwaffe Research Group

Please register for an account to be able to post

• The forum’s staff members are becoming increasingly frustrated with having to edit member’s posts to remove gaps in abbreviations and to frequently ask members to include sources with the images they post. Please, can all LRG members take a fresh look at the forum’s Rules/Code of Conduct: https://www.luftwaffe-research-group.com/pages/LRG_Forum_Rules_Code_of_Conduct/ Any members who continue to post gaps in abbreviations and post images without a source will risk having their LRG account downgraded to ‘Level 1 Membership’. This places substantial limitations on your ability to view and appreciate the forum’s content. Signed, LRG Admin and Management

Miscellaneous Platzschutz of JV44

Klaus Bohnen

Level 2 Account
Country
Germany
As some of you know from my Introducing, my main research theme is the Platzschutz of JV44 with its Doras. I paused this for several years but started now again as Red 2 was found in pictures. I still have all documents regarding the orders for establishing JV44 in Februrary 1945.
I was going to my personal Documents again and searched in the german Bundesarchiv about it, too...( für die deutschsprachigen Mitglieder Bundesarchiv Freiburg, digitale Akten googeln).
I stumbled over something Iam not sure about and i would like to know what you guys think about it....
Thesis: Bodo Dirschauer once stated in 1995 that there were more then the known Doras, coded red 1, 3, 4 and 13. He stated that at least a Red 2, but also a red 5 and red 7 were present. I have to admitt Dirschauer was maybe mixing something up with the years, but if we believe his statement at least 7 Doras were in Munich - Riem.
We know about 5 Doras...
I noticed in the Orders about JV44 and a writing of the Commander of JV44 something i didnt noticed in the past:
In the attachement you will see side 4 of the Commanders message and 2 Markers.
The first marker means in german zusätzlich = additional, the second marker points on 7 planes and personell. SEVEN !! coincidence ???
If you know the document you may have noticed that at the begin of the Document 16 planes ( i think ME262 ) were mentioned, now at side 4 additional 7 more planes.....i know, its pure speculation and not a proof, but i have a feeling that this can be a missing link to the Doras..
I would like to know what you guys think about it, in special Iam looking for JV44 researchers that may have additional Informations -material. Maybe Robert Forsyth, Dave Wadman, maybe David E.Brown, or everybody who is familiar with this theme and would like to post.

20221124_125503.jpg

Klaus Bohnen

Level 2 Account
Country
Germany
Maybe...its possible. I know from 1 Fieseler Storch trat was used by Kessler and Herget during surrender, -but it got obtained by Galland after 30.April....iam not aware of some more liason aircraft. Still searching in the Bundesarchiv after documents from LG III and Genst. Gen. QM Abt.6